MANUFACTURING AND LOGISTICS BUSINESS
I'M A PARAGRAPH. CLICK HERE TO ADD YOUR OWN TEXT AND EDIT ME. IT’S EASY. JUST CLICK “EDIT TEXT” OR DOUBLE CLICK ME TO ADD YOUR OWN CONTENT AND MAKE CHANGES TO THE FONT. FEEL FREE TO DRAG AND DROP ME ANYWHERE YOU LIKE ON YOUR PAGE.
Strategic Growth Driver and Influential Change Leader
Logistics and Warehousing
BLG LOGISTICS is a seaport-oriented logistics services provider with an international network. The company’s more than 140-year history is a source of strength. Today, they have a presence in all the world’s growth markets, with over 100 locations and offices in Europe, America, Africa and Asia.
They offer industry and retail fully-integrated logistical system services.
AUTOMOBILE and CONTAINER Divisions are leaders in Europe.
CONTRACT Division is among the leading German providers.
Around 10,000 BLG employees assume responsibility each day for ensuring the smooth operation of logistics for high-quality products. Including all its shareholdings, BLG LOGISTICS currently has around 18,500 employees.
PROTOTYPING & ENGINEERING
- Manage P&L for facilities performing all prototype builds for North America programsincluding Ford, Chrysler, Mercedes, Detroit Diesel, Volvo, Hyundai, Honda, GM, BMW,Volkswagen, Bosch, Case New Holland
- Implemented daily and long term strategy to manage increased prototype volumes includingfacility expansion and new capital plan to meet increasingly shorter prototype lead timeexpectations of OEMs
- Reduce trade working capital
- Developed new KPIs and reporting structure specific to Prototype activities
I• Responsible for leading programs in all aspects, and ensuring customer satisfaction in conjunction with the achievement of program Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives, while maximizing profitability throughout the entire program lifecycle
• Develop strong relationships and manage the ongoing negotiations with the customer as the official Faurecia representative
• Liaise with the Program Controller, build the initial Business Plan, define the Program investment scheme, and release investments in compliance with controlling procedures; take economical responsibility for all deviations from initial requirements
• Launch and monitor the Program: track progress by updating Business Plan, Program Dashboard and Budget Reports, and by leading reviews of program steps and results
• Arbitrate any conflicts with the customer on financial and/or technical issues
• Staff, manage and co-ordinate a cross-functional program team (Sales, Controlling, Purchasing, Quality,
Production, Supply Chain, Product & Process engineering), and define team members' objectives and assignments
• Create a "Program Management culture" by ensuring processes defined in the Faurecia Program Management System are applied at all steps, and by developing synergies between all actors involved in the program
• Successful launches include: L42L center console, L42L arm rest, P42K center console, P42J center console
• Manage all glass encapsulation and assembly engineering operations of 3 plants comprising of 7 Thermoplastic and 2 Reaction-Injection presses and 30 assembly lines
• Develop department skills by creating Engineering training program for glass processing fundamentals
• Create and control engineering department operating budget
• Decrease direct labor costs ~$1.2M annually by implementing lean manufacturing concepts
• Reform new business quoting process to right-size labor, overhead, and material usage quantities
• Lead prototype/launch for OEM customers Honda, Mercedes Benz, Nissan, and GM
• Coordinate direct labor and scrap reduction Kaizen continuous improvement projects. Saved $128k in 2014 and qualified 2 teams for 2014 North American KTA competition
• Lead engineering tasks in TS16949 recertification audits
• Establish cross-functional Design Change process to centralize requests and improve communication amongst departments
• Increase plant capacity by leading design and installation of new 500-ton KraussMaffei Thermoplastic injection press
• Oversee construction projects to expand facility floor space
• Improve production yield and uptime by implementing closed-loop chilled water system See less
Global Front Wheel Drive Transmission
• Lead design and implementation of new lean manufacturing systems to reduce sub-assembly lead times and buffer capacities.
• Reduced assembly line length 66% by leading global project to deliver non-bulk parts in assembly sequenced to a build schedule. Also resulted in significant reduction of inventory and WIP.
• Lead special task force charged with developing corporate global part presentation and material delivery standards and hierarchies.
• Developed plant layouts and designed workstations using AutoCAD.
• Determined direct and indirect manpower requirements for new systems.
• Designed material delivery routes, part stores, and point of use racks.
Livonia Powertrain - Cadillac Northstar Assembly, GEN IV Aluminum Block Machining
• Lead Kaizan continuous improvement projects for engine assembly line. Reduced direct headcount by 19%.
• Supervised 20 direct reports through fostering a motivating and performance driven environment.
• Evaluated safety concerns with medical personnel as plant ergonomics chairperson.
• Won “Spontaneous Combustion Award” for instrumental role in GM-Detroit Diesel AWIM joint venture